These terms and conditions relate to the use of www.globalhrlaw.com, a website aimed at sharing high-value information in the field of global HR law, including its features and services (hereafter the ´Platform´). The platform is provided by Ius Laboris, a global alliance of leading law firms specialising in employment law (hereafter ´Ius Laboris´).
Ius Laboris has its registered seat at Vorstlaan 280 boulevard du Souverain, B-1160 Brussels – Belgium. It is officially registered under RPR/RPM Brussels 0473.896.171 and can be contacted at tel +3227614610, fax +327614515 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Ius Laboris we invite you to consult the website www.iuslaboris.com.
We thank you for placing your trust in Ius Laboris and the Platform.
Functioning of the Platform
The Platform contains a variety of high-value information in the field of global HR law, which may include texts, trademarks, logos, computer code, user interfaces, visual interfaces, drawings, graphics, pictures, images, sounds, audio, video and audiovisual files (hereafter ‘Materials’). These Materials are created by Ius Laboris’ member firms, affiliates and their individual lawyers and Ius Laboris and uploaded to the Platform by lus Laboris. It is not possible for Users to contribute themselves to the Platform. The Materials are for information purposes of our Users only. As such, they do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Any commercial use of the Materials or the Platform is explicitly prohibited.
Ius Laboris’ member and affiliate firms and their individual lawyers have devoted the utmost care to collecting and updating the information on the Platform. However, should you become aware of errors held in the Materials, please contact our customer service department by e-mail at email@example.com.
Public and private area
The Platform consists of a public and a private area (hereafter the Client Portal).The public area includes a large number of articles, news items, international HR guides and podcasts and is open to any visitor.
The Client Portal includes additional articles and other Materials provided by Ius Laboris and its member and affiliate firms and is restricted to lus Laboris’ member firms and individual Users who have a unique access code.
Rights of Use
The User agrees to use the Platform in a lawful manner and to not infringe these terms and conditions, applicable laws or the rights of third parties. The Materials can only be used for licit information purposes by the User itself or within the company of the User
Materials that are made available via the Client Portal of the Platform are exclusively for personal use and are not to be made available to the general public.
By using the Platform, the User agrees to not use the Materials in any way that is prohibited or that can damage Ius Laboris or its partners.
It is strictly prohibited:
- to copy, share or use the Materials for commercial purposes such as mailings, the creation of databases, etc., or use them for non-personal purposes, irrespective of the form, without prior written consent of Ius Laboris;
- to make complete or partial copies or scrape content of the databases available on the Platform, whether manually or by automated means;
- to amend any information contained on the Platform, unless expressly permitted by Ius Laboris to do so;
- to manipulate, interfere with, update or alter any part of the Platform or any network or system underlying or connected to the Platform, in any way whatsoever that affects its proper operation, in particular by unreasonably or disproportionally overloading the communication and/or technical systems of the Platform;
- to reverse engineer or decompile any part of the Platform or any software comprising or underlying the Platform;
- to gain unauthorised access to the Client Portal of the Platform;
- to place on a website any deeplinks or distribute links to compressed content and any framed links or inline links to the Platform (the full URL of the Platform must appear in the address bar and the webpage containing the hyperlink must disappear completely);
- to use the Platform for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions.
Copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights protect the content, layout and structure of the Platform as well as Materials and databases that are made available as original creations on the Platform by Ius Laboris and its member firms.
Materials made available on the Platform for downloading by Users may be used by the User under the following conditions:
- you obtain a limited, world-wide, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-sublicensable right to use and reproduce these Materials on any device, for personal and non-commercial purposes and for the duration of copyright under applicable law;
- you do not obtain any right to use or reproduce these Materials on Internet or an Intranet accessible to non-Users;
- you may not remove any proprietary notice from any copy you use;
- you may not make any modifications to such Materials.
None of the Materials may be used, copied, reproduced, translated, transmitted, adapted, modified, distributed, commercialised, disassembled or made public by print, microfilm, magnetic carrier, e-mail or any other means without prior written and explicit permission obtained from Ius Laboris, its member and affiliate firms and/or the right holders, except for personal, non-commercial use purposes in accordance with the purpose of the Platform and these terms and conditions.
Infringements of copyrights or other intellectual rights in the Platform and Materials can lead to civil or criminal proceedings. Ius Laboris shall never be held responsible, in any possible way, for the infringement of intellectual property rights of third parties by the User, through the use of the Platform.
In order to grant access to the Client Portal and the Materials contained therein, Ius Laboris will provide credentials to individual Users, in principle a login and a password. Such credentials or any other instruments providing access to the Client Portal of the Platform are strictly personal and shall be treated in a confidential manner. You may not use another User’s credentials and you may not transmit, pass on, transfer or make available your credentials to other persons in any way. You are entirely responsible for any activity occurring under your account and agree to notify Ius Laboris promptly of any unauthorised use of your credentials.
By accessing the Client Portal, the User acknowledges to treat the Materials as confidential information, to keep them strictly secret and to not disclose or reveal them, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to any person, entity, organisation or administration without the prior written and specific consent of Ius Laboris.
Warranties and liability
The Platform and Materials are offered on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis.
The User expressly acknowledges and accepts that:
- the Platform and Materials are offered for information purposes only without any warranty, including the implicit warranty concerning adequate quality, suitability for a particular purpose, absence of infringements, compatibility, accuracy, completeness or appropriateness in any way;
- the Materials do not constitute legal or professional advice in any way and they should not be acted upon without consulting a legal counsel first;
- any Materials that are downloaded or acquired in any other way through the use of the Platform will be used at the User’s own risk; it is not because Ius Laboris offers a Platform with content, that Ius Laboris owns or edits the content, or that Ius Laboris supports, endorses or accepts the content;
- the Platform cannot be guaranteed to be free from any harmful components, including, without limitation, viruses; from time to time, the use of the Platform can be troubled because of events out of Ius Laboris’ control. The functioning of the underlying websites and services depends on the limitations of the supporting technology and can be negatively influenced by the performance of the network and other operational agents, including, but not limited to, overload, network range, interrupted connections, functioning of the User’s own device and the maintenance of secure network connections.
The User expressly acknowledges and accepts that Ius Laboris, its member and affiliate firms, shareholders, managers and staff, as well as any person or entity connected to Ius Laboris will in no case be held liable for (except in case of gross negligence or deliberate fault)
- any typing or other error, shortcoming or mistake in connection with the content of the Platform;
- any indirect or consequential damage, any damage to any hardware or devices, any loss of data, profit, turn-over, savings, customers or business opportunities, any damage to image or reputation, and any moral damage arising out of the use or non-use of the Platform, defects or delays linked to the Platform;
- any mistake or shortcoming connected to the transmission of the Platform. Ius Laboris attempts to update the Platform regularly and preserves the right to adapt its content at all times. If necessary, Ius Laboris can suspend the access to the Platform or even put the Platform to a stop for an indefinite duration;
- any inappropriate, unlawful or illegal content or features on websites to which hyperlinks are made available on the Platform. The fact that the Platform contains hyperlinks to other websites does not imply an approval, endorsement or quality guarantee by Ius Laboris.
If, notwithstanding the above, Ius Laboris is held by a competent court to be liable to its Users for any damage or loss in connection with the use of the Platform, then such liability will be limited to 1.000 EUR.
The Platform is available free of charge for the sole purpose of consultation by the User. In the future, Ius Laboris reserves the right to charge fees for accessing and/or downloading of the content.
Transfer of rights
Users are not allowed, in any way, to transfer any rights obtained through these terms and conditions and the use of the Platform to third parties.
In no way does the use of this Platform create a legal collaboration or partnership between the User and Ius Laboris or its partners.
Changes to these terms and conditions
We may change these terms and conditions from time to time. We therefore encourage you to review this page on a regular basis and every time you use the Platform. Your continued use of the Platform will mean that you accept and agree to the changes.
In case any provision of these terms and conditions would be deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision will be deemed severable from the other provisions and will not affect the validity and enforceability thereof. To the extent possible, such provision will be interpreted in a way that reflects as close as possible its original intention.
The application of these terms and conditions and the use of the Platform are subject to Belgian laws. The courts of Brussels are exclusively competent to settle each disagreement arising within the scope of the use of the Platform, or the application of these terms and conditions.